In an effort to encourage more existing IU Dining student employees to return to work in time to assist with fall 2022 opening, to recruit new student employees for fall 2022 opening and to retain student employees through the fall and spring semesters, IU Dining would like to implement a student employee bonus program. The bonus program would apply only to students either returning to work in time for training and welcome week 2022, or newly hired through the IU Dining Hire Me program.
IU Dining would like to offer a bonus of $500 distributed in a two-stage process.
To qualify for each stage of the bonus, employees would need to meet the requirements outlined below. Please note that any additional monies are subject to income tax.
- Work four (4) scheduled four (4) hour shifts during Welcome Week at their respective dining location or work four (4) scheduled four (4) hour shifts during Welcome Week at an assigned event such as the induction picnic or snack/water stations during move-in.
- Welcome Week Dates: 8/15/22 - 8/21/22
- Attend Hire Me orientation on Friday, 8/14 (New PT dining staff only)
- Attend all required Hire Me trainings:
- 8/8 – 8/10 for PT Shift Supervisors
- 8/13 – 8/14 for PT Dining Student Staff
- Work at least through September 30, 2022.
- These requirements qualify students for the first stage bonus of $200, disbursed in October.
Work at their respective dining locations throughout the fall and spring semesters:
- Hired by IU Dining prior to 9/30/2022.
- Students will be expected to stay within the 3 unexcused absence limit throughout each respective semester, have zero "no call, no shows", and no disciplinary action on file (written warning or final written warning).
- Work at least 2 shifts during fall and spring finals weeks with no absences, barring a medical or personal emergency.
This would qualify students to receive a $300 bonus during the spring semester, disbursed in May.