Our plans are all about Convenience, Flexibility, and Savings!
- No limited number of meals-per-week or missed meals.
- Eat when and where you want at 25+ locations open 19 hours a day.
- Pricing is à la carte–pay only for the items you select.
- Rollover any unused I-BUCKS to next semester or the next school year.
- Reward yourself–the more you spend with us, the more you save!
How Meal Plans Work
We offer I-BUCKS 60 and I-BUCKS 25 plans to students and smaller Flex Bucks plans to students, faculty, and staff. All of our plans operate in a similar manner. The differences are in prices, cancellation terms, and the length of time the plan is active.
All of our meal plans use a point-based currency system called I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks, which are our version of meal points. I-BUCKS and Flex Bucks are used to purchase food and other items at our locations.
The number of I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks available on a meal plan is determined by the total price of the plan less operational costs.
Plan Price - Operational Costs = I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks
Three other important things about our meal plans:
- Operational costs are the non-food costs to operate dining services and include labor, supplies, maintenance, equipment and utilities, etc. Because we take the money for operational costs up front, you receive a 60 or 25 percent discount off listed retail prices. Here are some examples:
Jane has an I-BUCKS 60 meal plan and buys a lunch at Wright Food Court that has a retail list price of $10. Jane receives a 60 percent discount off of $10, so she only pays 4 I-BUCKS.
If Jane instead had an I-BUCKS 25 or Flex Bucks meal plan, the same $10 meal would have cost her 7.5 I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks.
- You reward yourself when you add money to an I-BUCKS meal plan. Here's how:
Jane is running out of I-BUCKS 60 and adds $50 to her meal plan. She isn't charged operational costs on this $50, so she gets 50 I-BUCKS with a retail value of $125 because she still receives a 60 percent discount on her purchases.
- I-BUCKS do rollover from fall to spring semester, and from one academic year to the next. Refer to your housing and/or dining contract for specific rollover terms and conditions.
Buy or Change a Meal Plan
Students living with RPS who are required to purchase a meal plan will select it while completing the housing application.
Faculty and staff may purchase a Flex Bucks plan online at any time.
I-BUCKS 60 and 25 meal plan selections may be changed by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester.
Notice - Flex Bucks Meal Plans will not be available for purchase after May 4.
Check Your Account Balance
You may check your balance and add more I-BUCKS at any time! A budgeting tool is available within the app to plan your spending so you never run out.
Remember, the more you spend with us, the more you save!
- I-BUCKS 60 additions start at $25 and up in $5 increments. Each dollar added represents a retail value $2.50.
- I-BUCKS 25 additions start at $10 and up in $10 increments. Each dollar added represents a retail value of $1.20.
You may check your balance or purchase another Flex Bucks plan online.