Our plans are all about Flexibility, Convenience, and Savings!
- No limited number of meals-per-week or missed meals
- Eat when and where you want at 25+ locations open 19 hours a day
- Pricing is à la carte–pay only for the items you select
- Rollover any unused I-BUCKS to next semester or the next school year
- Reward yourself–the more you spend with us, the more you save!
How Meal Plans Work
We offer I-BUCKS 60 and I-BUCKS 25 plans to students and smaller Flex Bucks plans to students, faculty, and staff. All of our plans operate in a similar manner. The differences are in prices, cancellation terms, and the length of time the plan is active.
All of our meal plans use a point-based currency system called I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks, which are our version of meal points. I-BUCKS and Flex Bucks are used to purchase food and other items at our locations.
The number of I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks available on a meal plan is determined by the total price of the plan less operational costs.
Plan Price - Operational Costs = I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks
Three other important things about our meal plans:
- Operational costs are the non-food costs to operate dining services and include labor, supplies, maintenance, equipment and utilities, etc. Because we take the money for operational costs up front, you receive a 60 or 25 percent discount off listed retail prices. Here are some examples:
Jane has an I-BUCKS 60 meal plan and buys a lunch at Wright Food Court that has a retail list price of $10. Jane receives a 60 percent discount off of $10, so she only pays 4 I-BUCKS.
If Jane instead had an I-BUCKS 25 or Flex Bucks meal plan, the same $10 meal would have cost her 7.5 I-BUCKS or Flex Bucks.
- You reward yourself when you add money to an I-BUCKS meal plan. Here's how:
Jane is running out of I-BUCKS 60 and adds $50 to her meal plan. She isn't charged operational costs on this $50, so she gets 50 I-BUCKS with a retail value of $125 because she still receives a 60 percent discount on her purchases.
- I-BUCKS do rollover from fall to spring semester, and from one academic year to the next. Refer to your housing and/or dining contract for specific rollover terms and conditions.
Kosher Meal Plan Option
In conjunction with the Helene G. Simon Hillel Center, we offer a kosher meal plan. All food is prepared in the kosher kitchens at Hillel, and served in the comfort of the Hillel dining room, located at 730 East Third Street.
To be eligible to participate in the Kosher Meal Plan through Hillel, students living in the residence halls must purchase the I-BUCKS 60 Standard Meal Plan. They then need to contact Hillel and make payment for the Kosher Meal Plan.
Upon receipt of payment, Hillel will notify us and we'll change the student's meal plan to the I-BUCKS 60 Mini plan, credit $300 for the fall semester to the student's bursar account, and reduce the number of available I-BUCKS by 120. The same credits and adjustments for the spring semester will be made when those bills are generated by the bursar. The total credits of $600 offsets 57 percent of the kosher meal plan cost.
Students may purchase additional I-BUCKS at any time during the year.
Buy or Change a Meal Plan
Students living with RPS who are required to purchase a meal plan will select it while completing the housing application.
Faculty and staff may purchase a Flex Bucks plan online at any time.
I-BUCKS 60 and 25 meal plan selections may be changed by August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester.
Check Your Account Balance
You may check your balance and add more I-BUCKS at any time! A budgeting tool is available within the app to plan your spending so you never run out.
Remember, the more you spend with us, the more you save!
- I-BUCKS 60 additions start at $25 and up in $5 increments. Each dollar added represents a retail value $2.50.
- I-BUCKS 25 additions start at $10 and up in $10 increments. Each dollar added represents a retail value of $1.20.
You may check your balance or purchase another Flex Bucks plan online.